This page describes how to use the “pot learn” feature of the Pro-150 to set it up for operation with a hall effect throttle.
Before starting this sequence the Pro-150 should have power connected to B+ and B-, the ignition circuit and the hall device should be connected. Do not have the motor connected until you have finished.
Switch the ignition on and check to see if Pt is displayed, if it is then the pot fault detect circuit may be operating and it may be necessary to fit a 10k resistor across pins D and F of the 6 way input connector.
Once the Pro-150 will start up it may display HL [or high pot lock out], this is ok and we will program to overide this next in the following steps:
- Press the SEL key while turning on the power / ignition, you should get flashing 00. on the display.
- Press the + key to step through to parameter 12 then press the SEL key.
- Move the throttle to the full ahead position [the display should show a number between ~75 and 99], then press SEL.
- Press the + key to step through to parameter 13 then press the SEL key.
- Move the throttle to the stop position [the display should show between 0 and ~10], then press SEL.
- *Press the + key to step through to parameter 14 then press the SEL key.
- *Move the throttle to the full ahead position [as in step 3], set the reverse switch into the reverse position, then press SEL.
- Press the + key to step through to PG then press the SEL key.
*note: steps 6 and 7 are for setting up reverse, and are not required if you only need to operate in the forwards direction.
Now connect the motor and test to see if it works as required.
If you have found this article useful please share it to help others discover it