Pro-150 programmable parameters
The Pro-150 has a number of programmable parameters. We have considered carefully how to give the user access to the full feature set but without making it confusing to the novice. At the same time our aim has been to keep the cost of the programmer down so that a programmable controller becomes a realistic option not only for the industrial buyer using thousands, but also for the one-off purchaser.
There are two levels of programming: Parameter number and parameter value.
Switching the controller on with the Select button pressed takes it into programming mode and the display shows the Parameter number.
The Right Decimal Point flashes slowly to show you are not changing any parameter but simply choosing which parameter to change: + and – buttons will alter the number.
Pressing Select toggles between Parameter Number and Parameter Value – so when you get to the number of the parameter you want to alter press Select and the current value of the selected value will be displayed.
The + and – buttons will now alter the value of the parameter. Or, if the parameter is associated with the position of the throttle device, altering that will alter the display, so you can set the pot as you want it, and press Select.
Full programming instructions are in the instruction manual.
Since the controller is programmable, the internal factory programming will change, so the following list of parameters may itself change.
|01:||Forward acceleration ramp time|
|02:||Forward deceleration ramp time|
|03:||Forward maximum speed|
|04:||Reverse acceleration ramp time|
|05:||Reverse deceleration ramp time|
|06:||Reverse maximum speed|
|07:||Throttle dead band|
|08:||Parking brake release delay|
|09:||Parking brake operating threshold|
|10:||High pot lock out level|
|13:||Pot zero speed|
- N 00: – Personality
- The controller can have up to 10 different ‘personalities’ stored internally and pressing Select when the display shows 00 will allow you to determine which ‘Personality’ you wish to use.Each Personality can be separately re-programmed, and factory defaults can easily be restored.
The Personalities listed below may be added and altered with time.
- 00: Factory default Personality
- fixed and may not be reprogrammed.
- 01: Golf buggy, fast
- For a typical one-man ride-on golf buggy with top speed around 6 m.p.h. with fast response
- 02: Golf buggy, slow
- For a possibly less stable buggy, where fast responses may cause tipping.
- 03: Locomotive, fast
- For a typical miniature locomotive, but with fairly rapid response.
- 04: Locomotive, slow
- Slower response version of 03
- 05: Boat.
- Fast response, so suitable for robots also.
- 06: User 1
- 07: User 2
- 08: User 3
- 09: User 4
- These are unallocated and initially contain the same as the 00: Factory default Personality.