4QD Ltd are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our General Terms and Conditions and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. By visiting www.4QD.co.uk or www.4QDtec.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679, the data controller is 4QD Ltd, 36 Greenfields, Earith, Cambridgeshire.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information by filling in forms on our websites www.4QD.co.uk & www.4QDtec.com or or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our sites, search for a product, place an order, or when you report a problem with our sites. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, and products ordered. This data will be held indefinitely for product safety and recall reasons.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our sites we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the IP address used, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser information, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full URL clickstream to, through and from our sites, products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call us.
- We use the Google Analytics Advertising demographics and interests feature, and the Google re-marketing tool. You can opt out of this via Google’s Ad Settings.
- This data will be held according to the policies of our suppliers such as Google which may change from time to time.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- To assist with courier deliveries of goods to you.
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- Information we collect about you. We may use this information:
- To administer our sites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To improve our sites to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- As part of our efforts to keep our sites safe and secure.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our sites about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience we want to target.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our sites.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If 4QD or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our General Terms and Conditions, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of 4QD, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your data.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our sites; any transmission is at your own risk
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at esales@4QD.co.uk
Our sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to your information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.