Our Pro-360 takes the advanced features and high voltage rating of the Pro-160 and couples them to a new power stage capable of some seriously high currents. It uses the heavy duty bus bars and heatsink structure of our proven 4QD-300 to handle currents up to 360+A making this a really high power programmable controller. For longer periods of high current use we have enhanced air cooled and also liquid cooled heatsinks available.
The new Pro series has been designed from the ground up to give a wide range of features. Full control over the motor current in both drive and regen modes, and inputs for radio control, temperature and speed sensors, dead mans handles, and limit switches etc. It also has a display to show voltage, current, and temperature that can be taken off and mounted conveniently. The external keypad means it’s easy to adjust between steady or very dynamic operation.
The standard version is ideally suited for motors up to around 10kW, and the high voltage version up to 15kW.
The key features are:
- 2 line LCD display – this can be mounted remotely or on the controller and gives full information on your installation e.g.
- Battery voltage
- Motor and battery current [you’ll be surprised how different they can be!]
- Controller temperature, [motor and battery temperature – needs optional sensors] .
- Throttle position.
- Built in radio control input with battery eliminator circuit [BEC].
- Easily adjustable control over many features including:
- Acceleration and deceleration.
- Maximum speed.
- Maximum drive current.
- Regenerative braking current.
- Low voltage alert and “limp home mode” to protect expensive lithium batteries.
- Deadmans handle input for seperate guard activation.
- A single switch to choose between any 2 profiles e.g. RC and hand control, or fast and slow. Ideal for training new drivers.
- 15 profiles for storing different configurations, 1st 9 pre-programmed for the most common applications.
- Top speed limiting [requires external sensor].
- Overheat warning and cut-out , also overheat warning for 2 motors with extra sensors.
- 12V to 84V without adjustment, * depends on version.
- Peak current 360A.
- Input learning feature allows:
- Single ended or joystick [wig-wag] operation.
- Fine tuning of pot or RC stick positions.
- Voltage control.
- Safety contactor driver.
- Parking brake driver for vehicle applications.
- Other inputs:
- Emergency stop.
- 2 x limit switches.
- 2 x thermistor inputs for monitoring battery and motor temperature.
- Speed sensor.
- Software updates via uSD card [coming soon are mapped throttle curves, current control mode, closed loop RPM control, and others].
- Optional communications board to support daisy chaining / double heading of multiple units [coming soon].
- Based on a specialised Infineon microprocessor with deadtime control to prevent shoot through mosfet failures.
The Pro-360 can be built in a variety of specifications to give exactly what you want;
- Voltage – the standard specification is 12V – 48V, but by fitting uprated mosfets and capacitors the upper voltage can be raised to 84V.
- Display / keypad – the standard Pro-360 has a 2 line backlit LCD display under the cover. The display can be detached and mounted remotely, either on its own or on the adaptor board that has its own keypad.
- Heatsink – the standard heatsink is suitable for many applications, for higher loads we have enhanced air cooled heatsinks and water cooled versions.
Simple to fit
The Pro-360 has all the essential control inputs on one 6-way connector. Here’s a video showing how to install one.
The full instruction manual is on the support tab.
The microprocessor monitors the controller and parts of the external system. Should a fault be detected, the processor will shut down the controller and display an indication of the fault. If a safety contactor is incorporated, the power stage can be disconnected to protect against run away failures.
With a range of voltage, display, and cooling options the Pro-360 is ideal for use in electric boats, larger model locos, golf buggies, and industrial applications. It has a high degree of configurability but can still be used as a simple controller right out of the box. In terms of our existing products it has a feature set that is much greater than the 4QD-300 but with similar current handling, and a much increased voltage range.
We’re working hard on the next release of software for the Pro-360, key new features will be;
- Mapped throttle.
- Regen variable on the fly.
- RPM control mode with PDI loop control.
- Comms board for double heading / MU.
- Dynamic braking in joystick mode [pull back to brake].
- Display power [watts].
- Display speed [mph].
The manual provides full instructions on setting up and operating the controller.