4QD started out providing DC motor control for the UK golf cart, model engineering, and electric boat markets, but word spread and our controllers now go into an amazingly wide variety of applications worldwide.
Just a few of the latest ones that we are proud of include;
- A target drone robot for a shooting range
- Film set, TV studio, and special effects projects
- Robot wars [house robots and contestants]
- Hydraulic pump control; for power steering systems, marine equipment, and general machinery.
- Proportional control of yacht bow thrusters.
- LED light bar dimmer.
- Cable cameras for stadiums
- Formula 1 pit equipment [but we’re sworn to secrecy 😥 ]
- Electric motorbikes
- A heavy handling truck in a nuclear waste facility [and we do mean heavy….16 tonnes]
- Greenpower cars
- Stage props for theatre productions
- Agricultural machinery [feeding and handling equipment]
- Military equipment
- An underwater camera drone
- Clay pigeon launchers
- High power mountain bikes [including one with 2 wheel drive!]
- An autonomous arctic explorer
- Numerous university research projects such as the Warwick Rail Challenge
Here are some pictures of a few of our favourites but there are a lot more throughout the site.
i.e pretty much anything that has a DC brushed electric motor up to 60V and 300A.
We are a UK company and love helping to get small and unusual projects working. With the launch of our SST-031 we’ve now added the capability for customers to introduce simple software control over the operation of a motor controller.
If you have a dc motor control project then why not give us a call on 01487 450520.
These pages have more detail on our most popular areas.