4QD – Electric Motor Control
Helping mechanics get the electrics working
We manufacture DC motor speed controllers for electric motors that are tough, reliable, and easy to use
Our passion is getting stuff working – industrial machines as well as hobbyist. We love helping mechanics get the electrics working, and can provide electric motor speed control solutions for almost anything with a battery and a DC electric motor, to see the sort of thing we’ve done have a look here, or just browse around the site, all of the pictures throughout this site are using our controllers.
- Industrial – we help engineers develop motor controller solutions for a wide range of industrial machines in many sectors worldwide. Have a look here – see if we can help you.
- Hobbyist – our controllers are used in model locomotives, electric vehicles, boats, robots and many other DIY projects. Have a look here to see some great examples.
- Our motor controller range covers 30 to 360 amps, 12 to 84 volts, and can be used in a wide variety of applications that use permanent magnet electric motors.
- Our new Pro-160 and Pro-360 are the only controllers on the market with a remotely mountable display showing voltage, current, and temperature.
- All our products are easy to wire up and adjust.
- Our controllers are reliable, many are still going strong after 25+ years.
- We will ship to any country.
- We have a range of additional heatsinks available, if you need a high power, water cooled PWM controller ours are some of the best value on the market.
- We have an extensive knowledge base with lots of technical support, manuals, wiring diagrams and background information on a wide range of motor control topics e.g. what is PWM? and how is H-bridge switching done? If you prefer videos, then we’ve got a selection on installation, troubleshooting, and general interest here.
- We love talking to customers about their applications and would like to hear from you if you have a special project or ideas for new products.
- We can help with designing wiring looms.
- We can develop bespoke control products and software.
- We have full control over production and do not rely on stretched supply lines.
For a diagram of a basic installation click here.
For help choosing a controller click here.
Or just pick up the phone, we’re on 01487 450520 and are always happy to chat about your project.