Here’s how to fit a Porter 5 into a PDQ power trike.
You will need the following parts:
- A Porter 5 modified with a vertical 5 way IDC connector instead of the horizontal one [we can do this for you].
- A Magura twistgrip throttle [or other potentiometer arrangement].
- 8mm x M4 pan head screws [3 off].
- A 5 position “choc block” screw connector.
- Remove the existing control box and open it up, remove the old Scientific Generics controller.
- Modify a 4QD DNO heatsink so that it fits the box.
- Modify a Porter 5 by changing the horizontal 5 way IDC connector for a vertical one [we can do this for you].
- Mount the Porter onto the modified heatsink.
- Cut off the connectors inside the box for the throttle, and brake switch.
- Mount the Porter and heatsink inside the box.
- Replace the old hall effect throttle with the Magura twist grip potentiometer.
- Use the “choc block” screw connector to wire up the throttle and brake as shown.