Our new Pro-160 has been designed from the ground up to give a wide range of features and capabilities. We’ve kept it the same size and shape as the Pro-150 but have dramatically increased what it can do. The design brief was for a full H-bridge controller so we could do away with reversing relays for long term reliability, it had to be able to work from 12V to 84V, and we also wanted full control over the current in both drive and regen modes.
It has the 4QD trademark of super smooth and progressive power, and can easily be adjusted between steady and err more “sporty” operation. The 2 line detachable display provides information on battery voltage, currents, and temperatures.
Key features are:
- Built in radio control input with battery eliminator circuit [BEC].
- Programmable control over many features including:
- Maximum speed.
- Maximum drive current.
- Regenerative braking current.
- Display / programmer can be remotely mounted.
- Pot learning feature allows:
- Single ended, or joystick mode [wig-wag].
- Fine tuning of pot positions.
- Voltage control.
- Deadmans handle input.
- Emergency stop input
- Software updates via uSD card [coming soon are mapped throttle curves, current control mode, closed loop RPM control, and other features].
- Thermal overload protection.
- Under voltage alert to protect lithium batteries.
- 12V to 84V without adjustment, * depends on version.
- Peak current 200A, * depends on version and heatsink.
- Based on a specialised Infineon microprocessor with deadtime control to prevent shoot through mosfet failures.
- Provision for safety contactor installation.
- Spare inputs for limit switches, battery and motor temperature monitoring + others.
- 10 profiles for different configurations, input to switch between any 2.
- Parking brake driver for vehicle applications.
- Optional communications board to support daisy chaining / double heading of multiple units [coming soon].
The Pro-160 comes in a variety of specifications;
- Voltage – the standard specification is 12V – 48V, but by fitting uprated mosfets and capacitors the voltage can be raised to 84V.
- Current – the standard specification has 8 mosfets which can handle up to 150A, but we can fit 12 mosfets which takes the current limit up to 200A.
- Display / keypad – the standard Pro-160 has a 2 line backlit LCD display and a keypad built into the front of the case. The display can be detached and mounted remotely, either on its own or on an optional adaptor board that has its own keypad.
- Case – the standard case is black HIPS [high impact polystyrene] with a built in keypad and display window. There are also transparent perspex versions without the keypad in different colours.
- Heatsink – the standard heatsink is suitable for many applications, for higher loads we have enhanced air cooled and water cooled heatinks available soon.
The Pro-160 follows the same basic wiring scheme as the Pro-150 with all the essential inputs on one 6-way connector. See the support tab for the instruction manual and wiring diagrams.
The microprocessor monitors the controller and much of the external system. Should a fault be detected, the processor will shut down the controller and display an indication of the fault. If a safety contactor is incorporated, the power stage can be disconnected to protect against run away failures.
With a range of voltage, current, case, and cooling options the Pro-160 is ideal for use in model locos, golf buggies, and industrial applications requiring a high degree of configurability.