Probably the most user-friendly programmable motor controller available. Programming is easy, using the (optional) low-cost combined display / programmer unit. The Pro-150 has been used in a wide variety of industrial machine applications, and has also been built into a large number of model locomotives where it has proved a popular replacement for the long serving workhorse that was the Pro-120.
Key features are:
- Will function as a standard controller without any programming.
- Optional display shows system state and battery voltage.
- Programmable control over many features including:
- Maximum power.
- Dead band.
- Sounder [for reversing and audible problem alert]
- Pot learning feature allows:
- Single ended, or joystick mode [wig-wag].
- Fine tuning of input values
- 10 memories for different configurations.
- Continuous diagnostics monitors controller and system.
- Thermal overload protection.
- Under and over voltage protection.
- Reverse polarity protection.
- Integral box and heatsink [suitable for most applications].
- Built-in heavy duty reversing relays.
- 16V to 48V without adjustment.
- Peak current 150A. 1 minute current 80A. Continuous current 60A [heatsink dependant].
- Parking brake driver for vehicle applications.
- Regenerative braking.
- Input 1k ohm to 15k ohm potentiometer, direct voltage control, or by PWM output from a Pi or Arduino etc.
We can program it for you
We’re happy to discuss your exact requirements and configure the Pro-150 before shipping. Please note that the default settings have the reverse beeper switched on, this is a good idea for golf buggies and other electric vehicles but may not be so good for that scale loco with a sound card.
Display / programmer
The programmer and the display are the same unit – in two halves so they can be separated once initial programming is done. The display, once the controller has been installed, is used to show battery state and to give a visible indication of any fault detected.
All the essential inputs are on one 6-way connector. More advanced features are on a separate connector. See the support tab for the instruction manual, wiring diagrams, and instructions for double heading. 3 and 6 way IDC control connectors are included.
The on-board computer monitors the controller and much of the external system. Should a fault be detected, the computer will shut down the controller and give an indication of the fault audibly and on the (optional) external display.
Special programming may be possible for large volumes. The design allows for extra features to be added such as
- Serial control from PC
- Positional servo control
- Time profiled current limiting
- Log of system faults detected
if these (or other) features interest you, please email us.
The manual provides full instructions on setting up and operating the controller.