The Pro-120 Mk2 is the culmination of the analogue Pro and NCC series development. It is designed principally for 24V operation but variants for 12V, 36V, and 48V have been produced.
The Pro-120 has been fitted to a multitude of applications including, mobility scooters, golf buggies, miniature railways, childrens electric cars, floor cleaners, caravan shifters and vehicle loaders.
Pro-120 key features are:
- Adjustable acceleration and deceleration ramps.
- Gain adjustment [for setting top speed].
- Selectable dual ramp or pre-select reverse switching for a smooth transition from forward to reverse.
- Selectable half speed reverse.
- High pot lockout.
- Thermal overload protection.
- Low battery voltage protection.
- Reverse polarity protection.
- Built-in heavy duty reversing relays.
- Integral box and heatsink.
- Expansion connector for double-heading locomotives.
- Peak current 120A. 1 minute current 80A. Continuous current 60A [heatsink dependant].
- Parking brake driver for vehicle applications.
- Regenerative braking.
- Input 4k7 ohm to 20k ohm potentiometer, direct voltage control, or PWM control by Pi or Arduino etc.
- 3 and 6 way IDC control connectors are included.
The manual provides full instructions on setting up and operating the controller. The manual is available in two formats, one for reading on screen, and one for printing as a double-sided booklet:
Read manual Print booklet (double-sided)
There are several wiring diagrams available:
- A typical wiring diagram.
- With Dual channel Interface as used in Robots.
- With pushbuttons for forward and reverse.
- Wiring for a model loco with horn relay board etc.
We have a page here that lists issues that we have found with the Pro-120.
A 12v version is possible subject to a minimum order quantity , but see our thoughts on 12v systems.
For double heading these controllers an optional expansion connector must be fitted. This can be ordered factory fitted or instructions for user-retrofitting are available. Wiring instructions for this expansion connector are in the instruction manual.
You may need some or all of the following
View of cased version of controller.
This is mounted on a Base of 4mm thick aluminium with a vacuum formed cover.
View of uncased (bare board version) controller.
Section through cased version
Showing mounting and heasinking arrangement.