Motor Speed Controllers
4 Quadrant 24v, 36v & 48v Vehicle controller
The controller is electrically and mechanically interchangeable with the Pro-120 in most applications.
The picture above shows the Pro-150 as supplied on order code PRO-150, below.
- Probably the most user-friendly programmable controller available. Programming is easy, using the (optional) display. In use, the display shows the system state and an on-board sounder also indicates any problems.
- Micro computer technology
- Uses a RISC AVR microcontroller for
- repeatable performance
- system fault detection and display
- battery monitoring
- User programmability
- thermal management
- The programmer and the display are the same unit - in two halves so they can be separated once initial programming is done! The display, once the controller has been installed, is used to show battery state and to give a visible indication of any fault detected.
User programming is comprehensive, yet very simple. Of prime importance is the Personality feature - this is the only thing the average user will ever need to change as the controller has build in several different sets of performances, or Personalities, to suit for instance, a ride-on golf buggy, a miniature locomotive, a boat etc. Each personality is separately programmable without affecting the other Personalities
A separated page details the programming method and lists the programmable functions.
- There is no separate, expensive programmer, so user programming becomes economical and sensible even for the low volume user. Contrast this with 'industry standard' controllers, designed for high volume users, where the programmer costs far more than the controller!
- Simple wiring
- All essential inputs are on one 6-way connector. Should the more advanced features be required, these are on a separate connector. The connectors are detailed on the mechanical data page.
The instruction manual and wiring diagrams are on line as are instructions for double-heading this controller. See links at bottom of this page.
- Full featured
- The microcontroller (on-board computer) gives control of almost any parameter that can be imagined! Though not all are available for user programming.
- General specification
- Mechanical specification, with a drawing and photographs
- instruction manual
- The on-board computer monitors the controller and much of the external system. Should a fault be detected, the computer will not only shut down the controller but will give and indication of the fault on the (optional) external display.
- On-board sounder
- An on board sounder gives audible indication of any fault detected. Or it can be configured as a reversing sounder. This feature brings the controller to life during setting up - and makes diagnosis of system faults via telephone easy!
- Wide operating voltage
- The standard controller will operate with 24v, 36v or 48v batteries (14v through 42v).
- Special programming becomes possible so that 4QD may introduce special features such as
- Radio control
- Serial control from PC
- Positional servo control
- Time profiled current limiting
- Log of system faults detected
if these (or other) features interest you, please use the contact button.
- The comprehensive instructions are available from our Catalogues and Instructions section.
- Standard controller comes with
- Base/heatsink plus cover
- Interconnecting cables from controller to display
For bulk customers, these items are are all available separately.
- Extras you will need:
- Throttle pot, switches etc for you 'Tiller' (hand controls)
- Battery wires and connectios
- Motorwires and connectios
Most of these may be found and ordered from our accessories section
- Extras that are supplied
Board is supplied with 6 way IDC for control input and 3 way for parking brake.
If you order a hand control box RBT-824 the 6 way IDC comes with the control lead.
|Item||Price List||Add to cart|
|PRO-150||Add||Complete. With base, cover and display|
|The controller can also be supplied without various 'extras'|
|PRO-150b||Add||Controller board only (without base, cover and display)|
|PRO-150x||Add||With base and cover but without display|
|PRO-DSS||Add||Display / programmer|
© 2005-2014 4QD
Page's Author: Richard Torrens
Document URI: 184.108.40.206/prod/Prog150/index.html
Last modified: 2014
First published 3rd August 2005