4QD started out providing dc motor control for the UK golf cart, model locomotive, and electric boat markets but our controllers now go into an amazingly wide variety of DC motor control applications from America to New Zealand.
Just a few of the latest ones that we are proud of include;
- Film set, TV studio, and special effects projects
- A heavy handling truck in a nuclear waste facility [and we do mean heavy….16 tonnes]
- Stage props for theatre productions
- Cable cameras for stadiums
- Milking parlour and sheep handling equipment
- Formula 1 pit equipment [but we’re sworn to secrecy 😥 ]
- Military equipment [again, can’t say too much]
- An underwater camera drone
- Clay pigeon launchers
- High power mountain bikes [including one with 2 wheel drive!]
- An autonomous artic explorer
- Robot wars [house robots and contestants]
- Electric motor bikes
- Greenpower cars
- Numerous university research projects such as the Warwick Rail Challenge
Basically anything that has a DC brushed electric motor up to 60V and 300A.
We are a small UK company and love helping to get small and unusual projects working.
We’ve got some pages here that give some more detail on the most popular areas.
This picture shows just a few of our favourites but there are a lot more throughout the site…..